Quote for Today: Wendell Berry

January 3, 2015 by katmcdaniel

© Hartwig HKD with CCLicense

© Hartwig HKD with CCLicense

Often I have not known where I was going until I was already there. I have had my share of desires and goals, but my life has come to me or I have gone to it mainly by way of mistakes and surprises. Often I have received better than I deserved. Often my fairest hopes have rested on bad mistakes. I am an ignorant pilgrim, crossing a dark valley. And yet for a long time, looking back, I have been unable to shake off the feeling that I have been led – make of that what you will.
― Wendell BerryJayber Crow
Advertisements

8 thoughts on “Quote for Today: Wendell Berry

1. Morgan says:

Wonderful Quote and image to accompany it 😉

2. Kelly Ledsinger says:

I saw today’s quote and happily sighed . Wendell Berry is the perfect poet for self-reflection and growth .

• katmcdaniel says:

Yes! Thank you. He turned 80 last year and is such an inspiration. Glad to share this with you.

• katmcdaniel says:

Hi Kelly! I’d like to invite you to our next Open Mic on Sunday, February 22nd at 4pm. If you find and friend me on Facebook (Katherine Grace McDaniel) I can send you a link to our event page. Alternatively, you can send me an e-mail address through the contact page here on synkroniciti.
      Thanks!
      kat

3. mkriegh says:

Just now reading WHAT ARE People FOR? Good quote to start the year with!

• katmcdaniel says:

Thanks! It is a very good one. Best wishes for a great 2015! I’m looking forward to some new journeys and collaborations! 😉

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Experiencing the world through the arts and creativity.

Our current theme is collaboration.

Join 1,154 other followers

Fractured Atlas Member

SYNKRONICITI is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions for the purposes of SYNKRONICITI must be made payable to Fractured Atlas and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. Donate online here.
%d bloggers like this: