December 28, 2014 by katmcdaniel
Reviews and impressions, explorations of creative and human controversies, studies of culture and tradition, you’ll find them all on synkroniciti.
Here are the Top Ten articles of the year and three of my favorites that missed the list. I hope you enjoy them! Please click on the picture to view the article.
First, these are the most popular articles I posted in 2014, excluding photoblogs, which are on a separate list found here.
10. Walking the Edge: Grief and the Performing Persona
9. Familiar and Strange: Experiencing Kabuki with Heisei Nakamura-za
8. Creative Freedom and Tradition: Controversies of the Wandjina
7. Painted Trains, Art off the Tracks, Part One
6. Images of Humanity: Storytelling and the Doll
5. Laughter and Light: Self Determination and Providence in the World of Wobbly Barstool
4. From Weapons to Stories: Repurposing the Park Avenue Armory
3. Reacting to Fear: Mary Engelbreit’s In the USA
2. No Forgiveness: Mieczysław Weinberg’s The Passenger at Houston Grand Opera
1. There Ain’t No Place That Far: Disney’s Song of the South, 1946
Here are three of my favorites. Lars was the runner-up on the previous list.
A New Image of Community: Lars and the Real Girl
The Perils of the Sea: Thoughts on Deep Water
Old Beginnings: Dara Horn’s The World to Come